Art Garden Gallery
On June 3rd The Art Garden Gallery will host a month long exhibition/competition entitled...
" Dreams of Summer"
We are inviting artists from across Second Life to submit works that evoke "Summer".
The competition will be judge by a diverse group assembled from across SL.
The prizes are as follows:
- 10,000 Linden Gold Medal (First Place)
- 5,000 Linden Silver Medal (Second Place)
- 2,500 Linden Bronze Medal (Third Place)
Following the Competition the Gold and Silver medal winners (First and Second Place) will be offered a Featured Exhibition in our special Exhibit Areas "A" and "B" where they may hang their best works. (Exhibition Runs till Sept. 1st)
Additionally, the winners and any "Honorable mention" candidates will be featured in our online Gallery @ Artgardengallery.org. and on our facebook page:
Although we do not allow sales directly from the Gallery we will heavily promote your work and make sure patrons can find your gallery space where they can view and purchase your art.
The Art Garden Gallery is featured in the Second Life Destination Guide. Additionally, during the term of the competition we will also be advertising the gallery including daily invites to as many as 7 art groups in SL.
You are encouraged (But not required) to promote your work here as well.
We will have a Gala on June 26th to announce (and celebrate) the winner of the exhibition.
**Here are the particulars of the competition:**
Competition runs June 3rd-July 3rd.
Winner Announced June 26th.
Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries.
Entries are limited to the first 20 artists.
Each artist can submit up to 2 pieces.
Pieces must be original art either hand or computer generated.
Piece submitted may be in circulation already.
Art should evoke a feeling or emotion consistent with the theme "Dreams of Summer"
Art with Adult themes and or Erotica will not be accepted.
- No pure photography either RL or SL will be accepted.
Any "Mixed Media" submissions subject to rejection based on photographic content. (Art garden Gallery reserves the right to refuse any piece if we deem it primarily photography.)
While there is no fee to enter, Artist agrees to the following:
1. Artists will be invited and must join the Land Group temporarily during the term of the exhibition.
2. Submissions must be deeded to the land group and "Next Owner" permissions set Mod Only. Once we receive and accept your entry form we'll send you a notecard with LM and full instructions.
3. Submissions should be no greater than 5 x 5 meters. Because we are asking for mod permission unless you tell us the dimensions are critical we may change the piece slightly to fit the area it is displayed in. (We will do everything to maintain the integrity of the piece...we promise)
4. Artists are encouraged to add a Bio about themselves and a LM in their submissions. Bio's and LM's will be added to the piece and a Giver script will offer that information to the visitor if they desire more information.
5. While there is no entry fee for this competition Artists agree to allow the Art Garden Gallery the right to acquire any submissions for a fee of 400 Linden.
(Please understands that our intention is not to acquire art cheaply but moreover this price insures us the ability to acquire more of the pieces submitted. This statement does not suggest your piece will be acquired, only that we'd like to support as many artists as we can if the work will compliment our collection)
6. After the winners are announced, Artists are encouraged to leave their Art in place in the Gallery until the end of the winners show September 1st. This will give us some time to consider which pieces to purchase. Anything not purchased by September first will be returned to the Artists with our thanks.
7. Winners will notified prior to the official announcement but need not be present for the announcement to win.
8. If you have any questions please put them on a notecard and drop it to Maryjane or Thorne Miklos or submit them via email to artgardengallery [ at ] yahoo.com. Please allow a day or two for an answer when submitting via email.
Please fill out the following application and return it to Thorne or Maryjane Miklos by no later than May 28th , 2013 for consideration.
Dreams of Summer
$10,000 Linden - Gold Metal First Prize
Preferred Hours Artists can be reached in SL:
Name of Submission 1:
Size of Submission 1:
Attach Photo of Submission 1 here:
Name of Submission 2:
Size of submission 2:
Attach Photo of Submission 2 here:
Thank you for your interest in submitting your art for our exhibition.
The Art Garden Gallery.
"Explore-Discover-Love Art in Second Life"