Annemarie Perenti, owner of Best of Italian Style, is in charge of and sponsoring what will be fashion shows and events for fund raising for the Maseno project, to help orphaned children due to the AIDS epidemic.
Involved are also models Abbie Reinard and Keely Lefavre. The event will be raising funds through an auction, which Abbie herself will deliver in Kenya during her trip in july.
The idea is to use the medium of Second Life to promote important causes as well as provide in-world entertainment in the fashion industry.
I quote the details for the evebt from the Maseno project blog:
Date: Monday - June 23, 2008
Time: 1:30pm start, 1:45 Introduction, 2:00
viewing continues, 2:15pm Auction begins
Location: The Best of Italian Style
~ Landmark: http://slurl.com/secondlife/BEST%20OF%20ITALIAN/112/220/22
Music by: "DJ Azu" ~ Azufr3 Catteneo
Hosts: Abbie Reinard, Keely Lefavre and Annemarie Perenti
Models: A team of the most beautiful models from both Sana Models and the Best of Italian Style: Liane Martens, Lava Levasseur, Barbarella Fuosing, Lyra Nitely, Maura Taurog, Ladeanera Demonia, Paola Tauber, Conc Beck, Mimmi Boa, Salvo Whitfield
Donating designers and artists:
Bolero Collections, Stiletto Moody Shoes, Ashia Designs, Ardigraf Design, Jador , OC Orange Creations, Brenda Clellon Design, Lady Thera Art & Fashion, BAIASTICE, Babele Fashion, B! Fashion, Cindy Looby Design, Beauty Avatar, Sartoria Italiana, J&J Skins, Merkaba, Artrasfer, Maryva Mayo
All other details here: http://dejavu-intl-india.blogspot.com/2008/06/garments-of-hope-2-maseno-project.html
For the project site click this topic's title
Best of Italian Style Fashion Center hosts "Garments of Hope" Fashion/Art Auction
For the benefit of :The Maseno Project??
List of the LOTS out for auction
- Lot # 12 merkaba - aquila faulds (painting - BACCO FANCIULLO)
- lot # 16 Onlyoneprim.com - Maryva Mayo (OPERA PRIMA)
- Lot # 15- antosperando allen (painting- l'amore per un figlio)
- Lot # 5 - Model LIANE MAERTENS 5 brenda clellon design (dress) Stiletto Moody Shoes - Mary Jane Sandal (Dali Yellow)skin *AD* Destiny Nairobi Show 8 by Ashia Designs - Ashia Tomsen
- Lot # 1 - Model PAOLA TAUBER 1 Bolero Collections - Amanda Bolero (dress)Stiletto Moody Shoes - Gladiator Boot (Black Patent)
- Lot # 6 - Model LYRA NITELY 6 lady thera art & fashion - Thera Taurog (dress) Stiletto Moody Shoes - Mary Jane (Twombly Purp)
- Lot # 2 - Model LADEANERA DEMONIA ardigraf design - patrizia blessed (dress)Stiletto Moody Shoes - Gladiator Sandal (Fuchsia-Cream)skin *AD* Destiny-Cairo Show 1 by Ashia Designs - Ashia Tomsen
- Lot # 7 - Model BARBARELLA FUOSING 7 baiastice - sissy pessoa (dress)Stiletto Moody Shoes - Pump (Charcoal Patent)skin Pupa Evolution Special Edition by J&J skins of alinee jewell
- Lot # 3 - Model MAURA TAUROG 3 jador - ziamela loon (dress) Stiletto Moody Shoes - Mary Jane Sandal (Basquiat Blue)skin *AD* Destiny Nairobi Show 6 by Ashia Designs - Ashia Tomsen
- Lot # 9 Model MIMMI BOA9 Cindy Looby design - Cindy Looby (diamond necklace & earrings)??(11) beauty avatar -omnia oh (skin) (let the model contact her)Baiastice- ANCESTRAL SNAKE shoes Stiletto Moody - Sizzle Platform (Silver on Gold)
- Lot # 10 - Model SALVO WAYDELICH10 sartoria italiana - traveler bade (men suit) GESSATO GRAY
- Lot # 14 - Model LAVA LEVASSEUR14 B! Fashion - barbarella cioc (dress - shoes included)
- Lot # 8 - Model ZARRA LAVA 8 babele fashion - pinco janus (dress- shoes included) skin *AD* Destiny Nairobi Show 5 by Ashia Designs - Ashia Tomsen
- Lot # 4 - Model CONC BECK* 4 OC Orange Creations elettra gausman (dress) Stiletto Moody Shoes - Mary Jane Sandal (Johns Silver)??
- Lot # 13 - Dancer Dallagio13 Stiletto Moody Shoes - Special Limited Edition
The Maseno Project is an intimate charity whereby people's donations make significant impact on particular lives. Due to the AIDS pandemic, a small village 20 miles west of Maseno has a large number of orphans. Most of these orphans have no means of support from either relatives or the local community. Among the necessities are: proper education, food, basic health care. This is a self-funded integrated community based project to establish education bursary plans for orphans, youth, the destitute and special cases such as the blind, deaf and the lame. And provide health care for the above groups. The centre has one ongoing activity early childhood education program which has 30 children, mainly orphans.
The charity fashion show will take place on June 23rd around mid-afternoon SLT. Time will be decided once designers have been determined as we would like them to attend the show. The show will consist of 6 of the hottest SL models showing creations from 4 amazing SL Designers. Immediately after the show, an auction will take place for one outfit from each designer. All donations and proceeds will go directly to the Maseno Project.
We’re asking designers to contribute 6 outfits for the models and anything else they are inspired to contribute. One of these outfits, at the designer’s discretion, will be auctioned to the audience with all proceeds going to the Maseno project.
The event will be well advertised via various groups and blogs giving the designers and the event greater exposure. The donations received from this event, made possible through designer sponsorship, will directly impact the lives of over 30 children in a region of the world that desperately needs support.
For more information about the charity show please contact Keely LeFavre, President of Sana Models or Abbie Reinard, Head of the Maseno Project: SL.
For more information about the Maseno Project visit Abbie Reinard’s blog at http://masenoproject.blogspot.com/ or contact All Saints Parish, Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK), Diocese of Maseno North, P.O. Box 16 Luanda